Step-by-Step Repair Process
Our tagline really is our goal: Device Repair Made Easy. The following process is how we make that happen. It can be a bit different between schools or businesses with special needs, but the basics are laid out here. You can also visit our FAQ section for even more details
.The Fundamental Idea
The basic concept is to reach a steady-state operation where you send us devices to fix, we fix them, and send them back to you. When you receive the fixed devices back, you then have all the shipping supplies you need to restart the process immediately (or whenever you have another round of broken devices).
- It's easy for you because you don't need to find your own shipping supplies. We provide them to you.
- It's also easy because you don't need to fill out any extensive forms. Just check a box on our 5-second device diagnostic slip.
- This keeps the repair process running quickly. You don't have to contact us every time you need to send in more devices.
- It saves you money because shipping supplies can get expensive, and reusing them means less expense.
- It's good for the environment because there is less waste.
Request a repair. This is simple to do - just contact us. We need to know:
- The exact model(s) of devices you have.
- How many devices you need fixed.
- Your address, email, and phone number.
We send you the boxes. We send you all the shipping supplies you need:
- Protective sleeves for each device.
- Padding for top & bottom of the box.
- A 5-second diagnostic slip for each device.
- A pre-paid return shipping label.
Pack your broken devices. Remove all shipping materials from the box(es) we send you except the bottom foam; perform the following for each broken device:
- Fill out the 5-second diagnostic slip.
- Place it on top of your device.
- Slide the device & diagnostic slip into a protective sleeve.
- Place it in the box.
- Repeat these steps for each device.
Do not put more than 10 devices into a single box. The wait is too much for the box. If you have more than 10 devices, we will ship you multiple boxes.
Seal & ship.
- After packing all your broken devices, put the protective foam on top of the last device.
- Shut the box and seal it with packing tape. The more tape the better.
- The pre-paid return shipping label should already be in a clear plastic sleeve. Peel the backing off and attach it to the top of the box.
- Give the box to your receptionist to be mailed out with your outgoing FedEx packages. If you don't have a regular FedEx pickup, please let us know and we can schedule a pickup for you.
We receive them. When the packages land at our repair depot, our shipping & diagnostic specialist will process your devices.
- This usually happens within 1-3 days of receipt depending on how busy we are and the time of year (for example, we get a LOT of boxes in early summer).
- You can visit our customer portal to see what is wrong with each device as it gets checked in.
- This is an initial diagnosis and may change as our technicians do the repair.
We fix them - Part 1. The process of fixing a specific device can vary by school/business:
- Some ask us to fix everything that's wrong with a device.
- Some ask for everything fixed up to a certain dollar amount.
- Others want us to contact them if any additional repairs are needed beyond their diagnosis. For example, a broken hinge may be the obvious damage and the only repair indicated on the 5-second diagnostic slip. However, when we start the repair we may discover the screw mounts for the hinge, located on the palmrest, are snapped. This means the hinge and palmrest need to be repaired. In this example we would contact the school/business for approval before continuing the repair.
We fix them - Part 2. We fix devices in batches of 10 (or less) to speed up the turnaround time.
- If you send 10 or less devices:ll the devices will be fixed and invoiced at the same time. One exception would be if 1 (or more) devices required extra time to fix (either because it requires special soldering work or the necessary parts are in short supply). In this case, we will usually send back all the devices we can fix, invoice you for those repairs, and hold on to the device that needs extra time. When that device is fixed, we will then send that back under a separate invoice.
- If 10 or more devices are sent in: We invoice you whenever we get 10 devices fixed, box those up, and send them back. By doing this, we're able to get devices back to you much more quickly.
Invoice & ship.
- Our technician clicks an "Invoice" button when a batch of devices are fixed. This sends an email to every contact on record that wants a copy of the invoice.
- We also print the invoice and place it in the box of fixed devices.
- Invoicing can be done against a Purchase Order (PO) if desired.
- Most invoices are NET 30 though we do work with a few schools & businesses that require longer terms.
You receive the fixed devices.
- IMPORTANT: Save the return shipping box(es) and supplies.
- Inside each box you will also find another pre-paid return shipping label.
You reuse the shipping supplies for your next order. This isn't just good for the environment, it helps speed up your repair times and makes life easier.
- When you are ready for your next round of device repairs, you don't need to contact us again, instead...
- ...just reuse the shipping supplies & pre-paid label from step #9.
- Then repeat the entire process starting with step #3.